If you’re sitting in front of your computer or laptop and working hard to get a variety of online insurance quotes to compare, then it looks like you’ll be heading out on the road soon as a responsible and insured driver. Whether you’re a first-time driver or a veteran, chances are that you don’t know when the most dangerous times to drive are. Thankfully, we’ve gathered together the information you need to ensure that you know when you need to be super careful and aware on those dangerous roads.
Did you know that…
- The most dangerous month to drive isn’t during the snowy winter months but during August? We have a feeling it may have something to do with the back-to-school blues.
- Saturday is the most dangerous day to drive? Must be because all those people are out of work and school.
- Car accidents are the number one cause of death for people between the ages of 1 and 34? That’s something to think about and a big reason to be safe.
- An average of fourteen people are killed between the hours of 4 p.m. and 6 p.m.?
- The hours between midnight and 4 a.m. have the highest number of fatalities when compared to the number of people on the road? Chances are, it has to do with the higher incidence of drunk drivers.
Whether you’re shopping insurance quotes for the first time or the twentieth, you should always remember to be as safe as possible when it’s time to get on the road as an insured driver. And that means knowing what time of the year, week, and day is the most dangerous to drive.